How To Install VPS | Kloxo panel | Centos OS
I'll guide you of how to setup a blank VPS hosting for an unmanaged virtual private server.
CentOS 5 (32 & 64 Bit)
Debian 4 (32 & 64 Bit)
Debian 5 (32 & 64 Bit)
Debian 6 (32 & 64 Bit)
Fedora 14 (32 & 64 Bit)
Suse 11.3 (32 & 64 Bit)
Suse 11.4 (32 & 64 Bit)
Ubuntu 10.4 (32 & 64 Bit)
Ubuntu 11 (32 & 64 Bit)
VPS Sign up – Get one today !
You'll also learn how to configure your own Nameservers or hosts in order to use VPS.
(1) Manual Installation
If you have a Centos VPS you could use Kloxo or if your on a Debian VPS you could use OpenPanel.
In this tutorial – I will go for Kloxo Panel + CentOS System.
How to order A VPS? See the images below.
You can use auto password generator.
Wait for email message – Few hours or instant.
Your account has been Setup by admin
|Namecheap Domain Registration|
Setup your nameserver at domain registrar
Video – Godaddy Nameserver
Step 3 Host Name Registration:
At Godaddy: To Register Your Own Domain Hosts / Nameservers
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Click the domain name you want to use to register as your own nameserver.
- In the Host Summary section, on bottom left, click add.
- In Host name, enter the host name you want to register.
NOTE: The value entered here will be appended to your domain name to create the host name.
Point your IP address to your host name server. Assume IP address is 188.8.131.52 for illustration purposes only.
Do not use the 'www' prefix. Example: For the domain name yourdomain.com, entering 'ns1'
Here results in ns1.yourdomain.com.
6. In the Host IP fields, enter the IP addresses you want to add to the host. You might use the same IP for twice. That is, assign to NS.1 and NS.2.
NOTE: If Nameservers cannot share an IP address; therefore two unique IP addresses are required.
For E.g IP address is 184.108.40.206.
7. Click OK.
Creating the second Nameserver
8. You will need to create at least 2 nameservers. To create a second nameserver, repeat
step 5 & 6. Common practice dictates that the second nameserver will be named "ns2" or
"dns2". For example, ns2.yourdomain.com or dns2.yourdomain.com.
9. Logiclly, the last part of the ip address of the second nameserver will be incremented by 1.
For example, 220.127.116.11.
Therefore, 2 unique IP Addresses are:
Next, to Register Nameserver on Name Cheap – hostname
Step 4: Now, time to install Kloxo panel manually.
First things first, refer to Kloxo Installation guide. This is at least you are confident at what you are doing.
However, for a newbie, you need to learn how to operate a command basic. The site for your to learn is at http://www.tutorialspoint.com/unix/unix-vi-editor.htm
Tips: Famous commands you should know are:
- # cd
- # control x
- # exit
- # reboot
- # control z to stop
- When you were on Putty, type root and enter, hightlight and copy your root password , then right click on the cursor and enter. You are good to go.
You have to disable SELinux by editing /etc/sysconfig/selinux and changing the line to selinux=disabled. This will keep
SELinux from being enabled on your server next boot.
Then you must run the following command as root to disable SELinux for the current session:
RUN – Command
Code: No need paste this #
# su – root
RUN – Command
# setenforce 0
If you are unsure this procedure worked, you can run /usr/sbin/sestatus to check its status. Failure to correctly disable
SELinux will render your Kloxo install useless and an OS reload may be required to properly reinstall it.
Then, run command:
Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers is needed by package glibc-headers-2.5-81.el5_8.4.x86_64 (updates)
Please do the following command, "yum -y install kernel-devel kernel-headers"
This will install the required Kernel Headers dependency for you, If all else fails do a "–skip-broken" at the end of the
command to see if it can bypass it.
You could try running: package-cleanup –problems
rpm -Va –nofiles –nodigest
- wget http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/glibc-devel-2.5-81.el5_8.2.i386.rpm
- wget http://vault.centos.org/5.2/os/x86_64/CentOS/kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.el5.x86_64.rpm
- wget http://vault.centos.org/5.7/os/x86_64/CentOS/kernel-headers-2.6.18-274.el5.x86_64.rpm
- wget http://vault.centos.org/5.5/os/x86_64/CentOS/kernel-headers-2.6.18-194.el5.x86_64.rpm
- rpm -i kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.el5.x86_64.rpm
- rpm -ivh kernel-headers-2.6.18-194.el5.x86_64.rpm
- rpm -ivh kernel-headers-2.6.18-274.el5.x86_64.rpm
Still unable to remove the stubborn error? No problem.
Your system is probably configured to exclude the kernel packages.
- Secure Login [ https://yourIPaddress:7777/ ] OR
- Standard Login [ http://yourIPaddress:7778/ ]
Install Kloxo On HyperVM Control Panel
how to install vps, Hypervm, install wordpress, install wordpress on vps, installing wordpress, OpenVZ,